The day after tomorrow ! That is the day when I will be reunited with my family in Laos ♥ It was four years ago since I last was there and I am very interested to see how things have turned out. Deep down I do hope that things are just the same as I last left it, but of course countries change. Hopefully it has changed in a good way. Maybe good wifi connection? I will bring my laptop with me so if we have wifi at the house I will probably update my blog once in a while. Can not wait to show you guys the place I came from ☆ Another thing I can not wait to show is my new hair color(s) ! Stay tuned (・ε・)ノ
So, a makeup tutorial was requested (っ´∀｀)っ I was going in to town a few days ago and while I was doing my makeup I took some pictures to show you how I usually do my makeup nowadays. (Except for when I am at work or staying at home, lol) There has also been an interest in my products that I use, but I will post about them in another entry. Well, here goes nothing ▼
1. Before applying any makeup on I start with putting my circle lenses on so that I would not mess up anything. Thereafter I apply BB cream on blemishes and "dark" places such as under my eyes etc. and blend it out with a foundation brush.
2. Since I am an independent black woman that pays my own bills and shit, I am trying to be as creative as much as possible with the things that I have. In this case, I am using an old eyebrow pencil from when I had darker hair as a contouring pen for my nose. It is light brown so it fits perfectly for contouring ! And, of course, blend it out~
3. Next step is to highlight the nose. I use my white eyeliner for this because it is easy to be precise with it and also to blend it out.
4. And after the contouring and highlighting I use my compact powder all over my face to make it look more natural.
5. Now on to the brows ! Naturally I have very thick and dark eyebrows so to make it fit with my blonde hair I trim them and then I use Dolly Winks eyebrow pencil, #1 Honey brown, to shape my brows. My eyebrows are naturally uneven so thanks to eyebrow pencils I can even them out, lol.
6. And now it is time to highlight the eyes and browbones. Again, I use my white eyeliner and then blend it out~
7. Even if I have double eyelids I like to shade my eyes so it looks like it "pops" more. Here I use yet another eyebrow pencil, but with a darker brown color. Please do blend this out or else you will look simply terrible.
8. Finally~! I have an eyelash curler again !! Curl your lashes, especially if you have straight lashes, so it will blend in with your fake eyelashes. And as I mentioned earlier, I have dark eyebrows so I lighten them up by using Dolly Winks eyebrow mascara #1 Milktea brown.
9. Time to line your eyes ! I use a black liquid eyeliner pen on my upper lids so it gives a more define look.
10. Before applying the fake lashes I use a black eyeliner pen to shade my lower lashes a bit more. But as you can see it is very blended out, no define lines.
11. Apply upper and lower lashes~!
12. Now on to the last steps for this makeup. Apply black mascara on your real lower lashes where there is no fake lashes. I like to just use fake lower lashes on the outer corners because my real lower lashes are pretty long on the inner corners so, no need for fakeness ! And then last, but not least, I use a bright pink blush to finish off this look.
There you go~! This is how I usually do my makeup (´▽｀) If you have any other requests then do tell. I will try my best to fulfill them in the future ★
Today I went by a local hairdresser to discuss about my upcoming hair color that I want to achieve. I have been blonde for over a year now and recently went lilac/gray, but the color has faded and I am back to blonde. My hair is very damaged after all the bleach I have used and of course from the heat of hair dryers and flattening irons. It is time for me to slowly go back to my natural hair color so that my hair can rest and repair itself. But, as I said, I will slowly go back which means that my upcoming hair color will not only be dark brown. I am in fact going to dye my hair to an ombre style. It is actually a little ironic because I hated the ombre style at first. Why would someone want to dye their hair knowingly as an outgrowth? But ! When I saw pictures of Manami Suzuki with ombre hair I thought it looked great d(´▽｀)
Pics from Tumblr
So, my idea is to dye my roots to a dark brown color so that my real outgrowth will show as little as possible and then let the upper part of my hair fade from dark brown to a light brown ashy tone. The rest of my hair will be dyed to a darker blonde with an ashy tone to fit in with the upper part. I think that the ashy tone will suit well with my real hair color later on because I have naturally a "green" tone to my dark brown hair instead of the red tone that brown hair usually have. Hopefully I will not need to dye my roots too many times to finally get the right fading color and let my hair rest until I get bored again, lol . . . Well, wish me luck ☆